Be part of a service that makes an impact at North Tyneside Citizens Advice. We are a respected independent charity that supports thousands of clients every year. We are a busy, client focused service with a track record of delivering high quality advice. Weare looking to recruit motivated and enthusiastic trainees or experienced SWAT (social welfare advice) caseworkers to join our well-established teamto deliver debt, benefits and housing advice to clients in North Tyneside via telephone, webchat, email and face to face.
The successful applicant will receive comprehensive training and mentoring in all aspects of Social Welfare Advice, this will comprise of completing the Citizens Advice Adviser Learning Programme (ALP) eLearning, Wiseradviser, webinars and coaching. You will also train towards attaining full Debt Accreditation status with the Money Advice & Pension Service.
· Workplace pension scheme
· 24 days paid holiday per year, up to a maximum of 29 days dependant on length of service plus bank holidays
· Gain skills through full training
· Birthday leave after one years’ service
· Work that makes a positive impact
· Positive working environment with a mix of home and office based for experienced caseworkers.
This post will offer comprehensive training, mentoring and support to enable the successful candidate to achieve the required competences within 12 months. The successful candidate will gain the skills, experience and knowledge which may lead to career development in other roles within North Tyneside Citizens Advice.
Day to Day
· Interview clients over the telephone to explore their debt situation.
· Assess and effectively diagnosing client’s debt, housing, and benefit issues.
· Deliver high-quality social welfare advice and casework (debt, benefits, and housing) service to clients
· Assessing clients on entitlement to welfare benefits using Quick Benefit Check (QBC).
· Giving clients budgeting andincome maximisation advice.
· Maintaining a high level of case recording.
· Maintain standards of service delivery and ensure that all advice work meets the appropriate standard required by external auditors MaPs, Citizens Advice Quality of Advice Audit, and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
· Proactively managing a varied caseload, ensuring deadlines are met.
- A commitment and understanding of the services aim, principles and equal opportunities policies
- Strong communication skills
- Be a team player
- Customer service experience
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Exhibit excellent listening and questioning skills.
- Good IT skills
- Experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
North Tyneside Citizens Advice are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from all individuals who believe they fit the essential requirements of the job by reference to the person specification and job description.
When you apply, we collect your personal information through your application form, interview or references so we can process your application.
Please note we do not accept CV’s.