Pennyman Primary Academy is pleased to be able to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Level 3 Behaviour Support Assistant to join the academy as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. Pennyman Primary is a vibrant, creative and forward-looking academy keen to employ an outstanding, dedicated and experienced Behaviour Support Assistant.
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in working with children;are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as a teaching assistant is desirable, though not essential.
Duties will include:
- assisting children to be successful through supporting excellent attitudes towards learning and behaviour;
· supporting groups of and individual children in accessing learning;
· ensuring children are happy and safe at playtimes and lunchtimes (including a duty);
· offering advice and support to parents and staff on issues relating to SEMH;
· being part of the trained physical intervention team (training will be given) and
· supervising pupils who may be working outside normal timetables or who need 1:1 support outside of the classroom.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a supportive and enthusiastic teamwho are committed to engaging and inspiring children’s learning and life chances. We have a strong inclusive ethos and a superb partnership arrangement within our academies as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. In addition, we are fully committed to your ongoing professional development.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Visits to the academy are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by appointment with the academy office on the following dates: Thursday 19thNovember at 3.30pm, Wednesday 25thNovember at 3.30pm, Thursday 26thNovember at 3.30pm and Wednesday 2ndDecember at 4pm. Please wear a facemask when visiting.