Bassetlaw District Council’s Housing Repairs Service provides a repair and maintenance service to tenants across Bassetlaw. It offers a pleasant working environment, delivering services through a capital programme.
We have an excellent opportunity for a capable and enthusiastic person to join our busyHousing Repairs Service Team. Located at our Head Office, Carlton Forest House, Hundred Acre Lane, Worksop, you will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective function for all aspects of the Stores Service by ensuring materials are accurately controlled. Manual handling is an essential part of this role.
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 8:00 am till 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am till 3.30 pm.
Suitable candidates will possess:-
· A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Levels 4-9/Grade C or above, including English or Mathematics, or relevant equivalent
· A minimum 2/3 years’ experience of dealing with internal/external clients and the general public
· IT Literate
· Experience in using the Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience of collating and analysing data
· Experience of working in a busy stores/warehouse environment would be an advantage
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
· A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
· A generous Pension Scheme
· Flexitime scheme
· Annual leave purchase scheme
· Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
· Family friendly policies
· Discounted car parking