This newly created post provides an exciting opportunity to join a motivated, committed and supportive team who welcome new ideas and embrace change. Based in Worksop, you will play a key role in ensuring that the Councils Parks, Cemeteries, Closed Church Yards, Allotments, Housing Estates and Estates owned land is maintained to a high standard with an emphasis being put on the Inspection and management of trees within these areas.
You will support the Operational Services and Development Manager (Parks and Open Spaces) in the day- to- day supervision of the staff within Parks and Open Spaces and be responsible for responding to all enquiries within that service. You must therefore have some experience in line management and supervision of staff along with relevant and up to date experience of working within a horticultural, parks and open spaces service.
Amongst other qualities you must also have:
· A recognised arboricultural certificate to a minimum of level 3, alongside significant experience of working in arboriculture.
· A Lantra Tree inspection certificate
· Understanding of safety legislation and requirements within a Parks and Open spaces environment.
· Strong customer service communication skills.
· A full driving licence
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
· A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
· A generous Pension Scheme
· Flexitime scheme
· Annual leave purchase scheme
· Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
· Family friendly policies
· Discounted car parking
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Keith Somers, Operational Services & Development Manager (Parks & Open Spaces) on 01909 533 533