This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our small but friendly, dedicated and supportive Democratic and Electoral Services Team. If you have excellent people skills, can be diplomatic and possess good organisational experience please read on.
As a key member of the team, you will be the lead officer in supporting the Council’s Chairman and Vice-Chairman to carry out their civic duties. You will also work alongside the team assisting in supporting the effective delivery of administrative support service to the Member Support, Democratic and Electoral service functions.
You should have:
· Evidence of literacy and numeracy skills with qualifications at GCSE grades A to C, or relevant equivalent.
· An appreciation of the importance of the civic roles within the Council and an understanding of how those roles are undertaken.
· Secretarial and general administration experience.
· Ability to manage and prioritise administrative workloads.
· Experience in the organisation of events.
· Willing to be involved in Election and elements of Committee work
· Experience of developing successful working relationships.
· A flexible, helpful and proactive approach.
· Ability to work outside of normal office hours as required.
· High levels of IT literacy.
Although knowledge of electoral registration, elections and democratic services is an advantage, it is not essential, as training will be provided.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Stephen Brown, Head of Corporate Services on 01909 533767 or via Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a health work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each to year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
- Flexitime Scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking