Reporting to: Headteacher
Discovery Special Academy is seeking to appoint pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable teachers to join the Tees Valley Education Trust and the growing academy. Having recently been approved to expand into secondary phase, these positions would be to work with children from Reception to Year 11 with complex learning, sensory, communication and behaviour needs. Experience working with children with significant sensory and behaviour needs in a specialist setting is required.
You will be contributing to and participating in the team working ethos of the provision whilst maintaining its core values by:
· planning and delivering the teaching programme for all pupils within the class in relation to the EYFS and National Curriculum, providing clear structures for learning activities and for sequences which both motivate and challenge;
· setting clear academic and therapeutic targets, working closely with other professionals;
· setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
· making effective use of a variety of SEND assessment information on pupils’ progress;
· maintaining good order and discipline in accordance with the academy’s procedures and individual pupil needs; and
· contributing to the whole academy’s planning activities and operating at all times within the academy stated policies and practices.
There will be the opportunity as the provision grows for promotion and leadership opportunities. We are looking for people who have Qualified Teacher Status as well as a Degree or relevant qualification and experience. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable understanding of and impact upon Assessment for Learning (AfL) as well as knowledge of the current national frameworks and developments in SEND. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of working with children with complex SEND.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.We are looking for applications from teachers with specialist primary and secondary backgrounds.