Who We Are
We make it easier for people with disabilities to live, learn and be part of a world adapting to difference. We do this through:
- Specialist pre-school, primary, secondary and post 16 education services
- A further education college and a wide variety of day services for adults
- Residential services for all ages, transition and employability support and a range of training courses and workshops for parents and the professionals, who come to learn with us
We are an ambitious, entrepreneurial and innovative charitable business working in a person centred way to meet the needs of people with disabilities and their families. We provide a range of high quality and seek out opportunities to inspire and support people with disabilities to achieve their ambitions. We believe that working together as one Foundation we achieve more than individual services would achieve alone. Our influence will be regional, national & international.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Click here for our Organisational Standards.
Click here to learn about our Employee Benefits.
OUR VISION: INSPIRE, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THE JOURNEY?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become the Registered Manager of our residential children's home in Jesmond. This service provides support to children/young people who have a learning or physical disability with additional needs.
The role offers:
- The opportunity to make a difference - you will be instrumental in shaping the ethos of the home through developing a culture of high aspiration for the children
- A chance to lead a fantastic team who support children to have meaningful and fulfilled lives, by helping them to develop the confidence and skills required to enhance independent living.
- Variety, challenge and an immense amount of job satisfaction
- The opportunity to excel professionally with support from an enabling management team
- Professional development opportunities - including leadership development programme and fully funded qualifications
We are particularly keen to invite applications from a current Registered Manager within children's services looking for their next challenge, or a very experienced Deputy Manager looking for a progression opportunity. You will have strong leadership skills, a demonstrable commitment and passion for the delivery of excellent care, as well as a drive for continuous improvement. It is essential that you have achieved your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent).
For more information please contact Andrew Johnson on 0191 2381304.
Click here for the Job Description.
Our Northern Counties Residential Service
Our aim is to provide residential care for children and young people aged between 7 and 18, who have a learning and or physical disability with additional needs, such as communication/interaction difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, cognition and learning issues, behaviour, social development needs; visual impairment /hearing loss and sensory processing difficulties.
At Tees House we believe that each child is unique and as far as possible their individual needs will be met and their potential developed regardless of their disability. We feel that this is best achieved in a warm stimulating home from home environment that provides highly personalised quality care, adopting a consistent approach and where children / young people have confidence in the staff team.
We believe that children/young people should be recognised, respected, consulted with and given choice. Children/young people should have a good quality life, given equal chances and are able to live positive and productive lives. Read more.