'First for Fostering' are looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic, therapeutic Fostering Manager to assist with the setup, development and management of a new Independent Fostering Agency. The role will suit a motivated Registered Manager looking for a change and who enjoys a 'hands on approach' to staff, delivery and growth of a service.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in managing and developing a Fostering Service. To be considered, you will need to have significant experience of being a successful and qualified Fostering Manager ideally within another Independent Fostering Agency. You will have extensive knowledge of Fostering legislation, procedure and compliance.
As a Registered Fostering Manager your key responsibilities will be:
· To be accountable for the service meeting all the regulatory requirements, and to manage and develop the service day to day,
· Monitoring and maintaining full compliance with regulations and standards to ensure excellent outcomes for children and young people.
· To ensure that company policies, procedures and directives are adhered to,
· Manage information obtained from casework and keeping thorough records through appropriate database and reporting,
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with commissioners, external agencies and internal colleagues to increase brand awareness,
· To monitor the recruitment and approval of; staff, foster carers, panel members and SSW's consistent with current regulations,
· Ensure foster carers have the necessary information, training and resources to enable them to carry out their work,
· To provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly information required by the Directors within agreed timescales,
· To develop and grow the service,
· To liaise with local authorities with a view to the discharging of young people with foster carers
Essential skills and experience required:
- A recognised social work qualification
- Current HCPC registration
- NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Management & Leadership in Health and Social Care or willing to undertake
- At least two year’s experience relevant to fostering within the last 5 years
- At least one year’s experience supervising and managing professional staff ideally within an independent fostering agency
- Experience of managing a caseload and referrals,
- Excellent knowledge of regulations,
- Good experience of managing multiple suppliers and contract relationships,
- Able to monitor KPI's and analysing data.
- Access to a vehicle is necessary (mileage and company expenses reimbursed by the company).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experiencedRegistered Fostering Managerbased within the North East. The head office will be based within Darlington. The successful candidate will receive a salary of between £40,000 -£50,000 per annum depending on experience, plus excellent benefits and bonus, should targets be reached.