An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Property Maintenance Worker within York Housing Association.
Come and join our team
Here at York Housing Association we are at the beginning of an exciting journey of growth and development, building on our reputation for excellent customer service and for providing high quality housing and support services. Our recent joining of forces with Karbon Homes affords us the opportunity for further development.
During this unprecedented time, the safety of our colleagues, customers, and communities is paramount. We continue to interview and hire, but for everyone’s safety, we are shifting our interview process to either phone or video interviews via Microsoft Teams and adjusting the way we onboard new starters.
We are looking for a Property Maintenance Worker – Permanent Role
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the post of Property Maintenance Worker within York Housing Association.
Here is some key information you’ll want to know right away:
- This is a permanent role
- Salary is £22,462 plus a company vehicle
- Location: York, Monks Cross
- Hours: 37 Hours per week
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising up to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits.
You will be responsible for undertaking repairs and maintenance on York Housing Association’s homes and to provide a caretaking service at Auden House, extra care scheme.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to work in an organisation where you can make a significant impact, embed real change and deliver meaningful outcomes. In return we will provide you with the opportunity grow your career and support your professional development.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of undertaking property repairs and maintenance.
- Experience of cleaning and decorating.
- Delivering a caretaking service including weekly fire alarm testing, emergency light testing, minor repair and maintenance work, gardening and litter clearing.
- Experience of high levels of customer care and satisfaction.
- Using IT technology to ensure high levels of accuracy on compliance and repairs undertaken.
For further details please refer to the Role description Profile at the foot of this advert.
To give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted, you need to provide full details and examples in the Supporting Statement based on the criteria in the person specification.
For further information about the role please contact Arthur Stamp, Maintenance Manager, Responsive Repairs on 07544 748590.
Please note, whilst this role is not eligible for a DBS check you will be asked to consent to a Basic Disclosure.
York Housing Association and Karbon Homes are committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds. Any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.