An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager (Responsive Repair), within York Housing Association.
Come and join our new team
Here at York Housing Association we are at the beginning of an exciting journey of growth and development, building on our reputation for excellent customer service and for providing high quality housing and support services. Our recent joining of forces with Karbon Homes affords us the opportunity for further development.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager (Responsive Repair) – Permanent Role
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the post of Maintenance Manager (Responsive Repair) within York Housing Association.
Here is some key information you’ll want to know right away:
· This is a permanent role
· Salary is £38,539 plus a car payment of £1,850 per annum
· Location: York, Monks Cross
· Hours:37 Hours per week
· Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising up to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the responsive maintenance service, driving continuous improvement to achieve York Housing Association’s business objectives.
Working closely with Maintenance Manager for our planned works service, you will oversee and manage the delivery of an excellent quality and right first time responsive repairs service.
You should be able to demonstrate experience of managing contractors and an in-house team, ensuring delivery to budgets, quality and excellent customer satisfaction, with appropriate risk and health and safety management.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to work in organisation where you can make a significant impact, embed real change and deliver meaningful outcomes. In return we will provide you with the opportunity grow your career and support your professional development.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of working in a responsive repair and voids environment
· A track record in managing the performance of an house team, contractors, consultants and other agencies
· A good working knowledge of the regulatory and statutory compliance framework for social housing landlords
· Experience in a customer focused service and involving customers in decisions
· An ability to set and manage budgets, and operate budgetary controls in accordance with financial procedures
· A good understanding of building regulations, health and safety and fire safety legislation relating to residential property management and maintenance.
· A Formal technical qualification in building construction or surveying, i.e. HNC, HND or comparable experience
For further details please refer to the Role description Profile at the foot of this advert.
To give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted, you need to provide full details and examples in the Supporting Statement based on the criteria in the person specification.
For further information about the role please contact Mina Soi-Westby, Head of Property & Maintenance – 01904 636061
York Housing Association and Karbon Homes are committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds. Any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.