Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Status: Fixed Term until 31st August 2022 in the first instance
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: SCP12 – SCP15 (£22,183 - £23,541) pro rata £19,081 - £20,250
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, TTO Plus 5 days
Reporting to: Senior Deputy Head Teacher
Academy: Brambles Primary
Brambles Primary Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join the academy as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. Brambles Primary is a vibrant, creative and forward-looking academy keen to employ an outstanding, enthusiastic and experienced HLTA for Key Stage 2, in the first instance, to support our curriculum.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who has a genuine interest in working with children;are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as Level 4 HLTA or above is essential.
Duties will include:
- assisting children to be successful through supporting excellent attitudes towards learning and behaviour;
· teach classes to cover for planned absences and PPA;
· teaching small groups of and individual children in order to accessing learning through our curriculum with the support of the class teacher;
· ensuring children are happy and safe at playtimes and lunchtimes (including break and lunch duty);
· supervising pupils who may be working outside normal timetables or who need 1:1 support outside of the classroom.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join an inclusive, supportive and enthusiastic teamwho are committed to engaging and inspiring children’s learning and life chances. In addition, we are fully committed to your ongoing professional development.
Brambles Primarywill provide:
· An excellent learning environment for children with a real family atmosphere and a strong community ethos
· The opportunity to work in an outstanding school within a trust
· An amazing working environment for staff where everyone is valued and treated with respect
· Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our pupils
· Dedicated pupils who love coming to the academy and are encouraged to be the best they can be
· An enthusiastic and supportive Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and staff who put the interests of the children first and are committed to the continual improvement of the academy
· A passionate and high performing team of professionals, including SLEs, across the trust to learn from and contribute to
· An opportunity to be part of working parties across the school and the trust within your areas of interest
· Career enhancement opportunities within areas of interest
Tees Valley Education Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.