Deputy Head Teacher with responsibility for Pastoral Care and Inclusion
Brambles Primary Academy
Required: September 2021
Salary: L9 – L13 (£51,402 - £56,721)
Hours: Full time
Reporting to: Head Teacher
Academy: Brambles Primary Academy
Brambles Primary Academy is a larger than average-sized primary school, serving an area of significant deprivation and generational poverty, where over 97% of our children are judged to be living in extremely poor conditions. The proportion of pupils known to be eligible for pupil premium is more than three times the national average. When it was last inspected, in February 2019, it was judged outstanding in all areas, which reflects the Head Teacher and staff’s dedication to removing the significant barriers to learning that the children and community of the Brambles Farm area face, as well as incorporating the absolute commitment to educational excellence and life chances for all.
Brambles Primary Academy is looking to appoint a dedicated and committed Deputy Head Teacher to join the academy as part of Tees Valley Education Multi Academy Trust. Brambles Primary is a vibrant, creative and forward looking academy keen to employ an outstanding, enthusiastic member of the senior leadership team responsible for pastoral care and inclusion. As part of a welfare team, the Deputy Head for Pastoral Care and Inclusion, will be the designated safeguarding person and will have the primary responsibility for the provision of pastoral care within the academy.
We are looking for an innovative and inspirational professional to work with a rich variety of stakeholders in order to safeguard our children and act as a source of support, advice and expertise for all staff. Additionally, we would like someone who positively promotes inclusion, has high expectations for all children and will actively support our ethos of ‘learning together, growing together, making a difference’.
Brambles will provide:
· An excellent learning environment for children with a real family atmosphere and a strong community ethos
· The opportunity to work in an outstanding school within a trust, where staff are valued and treated with respect
· An amazing working environment for staff where everyone is valued and treated with respect
· Hard working, committed and dedicated staff who strive to gain the best outcomes for all of our pupils
· Dedicated pupils who love coming to the academy and are encouraged to be the best they can be
· An enthusiastic and supportive Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and staff who put the interests of the children first and are committed to the continual improvement of the academy
· A passionate and high performing team of professionals, including SLEs, across the trust to learn from and contribute to
· An opportunity to be part of working parties across the school and the trust within your areas of interest
· Career enhancement opportunities within areas of interest
Tees Valley Education Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check with a 128 check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Visits to the academy will be finalised once we are made aware of the lifting of lockdown arrangements. Therefore, we are proposing to offer visits arranged by appointment around the academy on the following dates:
Tuesday 9th March from 2.30pm
Thursday 11th March from 2.30pm
Friday 12th March from 2.30 pm.
Alternatively, Monday 15th March from 2.30 pm onwards.
Please contact the academy office on 01642 210704 to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17th March 2021, 5.00pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 18th March 2021
Interview Date: Monday 22nd March 2021 and Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Location: Brambles Primary Academy