An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Asset Sustainability Manager, within our Assets & Regeneration Team.
Come and join our team
At Karbon we build, manage and look after homes for people across the North. And then we go further, we give them the strong foundations they need to crack on with life. We want to build better lives for our customers, not just better homes. Everything we do is for their security, health and happiness under their own roofs, in their communities and out there in the wider world.
Since our formation in 2017, we’ve been focused on delivering on our three strategic aims - to provide as many good quality homes as we can; to deliver excellent service to our customers; and to shape strong, sustainable places for our communities.
Our footprint covers the North East of England and Yorkshire, south from the Scottish border to almost as far as the Humber, where diverse communities face differing opportunities and challenges.
Some customers just need an affordable home, or a way onto the property ladder. Others might need a bit more – financial advice, community services, sheltered accommodation or even training that can lead to a new job. Whatever people need to feel more secure, confident and happy with where they’re at, we work our heart out to provide it.
During this unprecedented time, the safety of our colleagues, customers, and communities is paramount. We continue to interview and hire, but for everyone’s safety, we are shifting our interview process to either phone or video interviews via Microsoft Teams and adjusting the way we onboard new starters.
We are looking for an Asset Sustainability Manager – Permanent Role
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the new post of Asset Sustainability Manager within the Assets & Regeneration Team.
This role will:
- Continually develop the short, medium and long-term property investment financial plans of Karbon.
- Develop and manage an organisational wide Environmental Strategy with the aim to reduce energy consumption & carbon emissions throughout Karbon Homes’ portfolio.
- Lead, develop and implement asset management principals, including developing opportunities to maximise the financial return and wider social value of our assets; financial investment planning/budget setting; contribute to options appraisal of specific property types and groups of stock; and the development and maintaining of the core housing and property related databases.
Here is some key information you’ll want to know right away:
- This is a permanent role
- Salary is £40,800 per annum plus a Karbon car payment of £1,924 per annum
- Location to be agreed: Gosforth/Stanley (some remote working/working from home may be considered)
- Regular travel will be required
- 37 Hours per week with flexi time
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising up to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits
Closing date for applications
Midnight on Thursday 3rd December 2020
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. Therefore, please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.
Week commencing 14th December 2020
Due to current social distancing measures we are currently holding video interviews.
For further details please refer to the Role description Profile at the foot of this advert.
To give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted, you need to provide full details and examples in the Supporting Statement based on the criteria in the person specification.
For further information about the role please contact Ryan Appleby (Head of Asset Management) on 07961 147 988 or Ryan.Appleby@karbonhomes.co.uk
Karbon Homes is committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds. Any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.