An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Asset Surveyor x 2, within our Assets & Regeneration Team.
Come and join our team
At Karbon we build, manage and look after homes for people across the North. And then we go further, we give them the strong foundations they need to crack on with life. We want to build better lives for our customers, not just better homes. Everything we do is for their security, health and happiness under their own roofs, in their communities and out there in the wider world.
Since our formation in 2017, we’ve been focused on delivering on our three strategic aims - to provide as many good quality homes as we can; to deliver excellent service to our customers; and to shape strong, sustainable places for our communities.
Our footprint covers the North East of England and Yorkshire, south from the Scottish border to almost as far as the Humber, where diverse communities face differing opportunities and challenges.
Some customers just need an affordable home, or a way onto the property ladder. Others might need a bit more – financial advice, community services, sheltered accommodation or even training that can lead to a new job. Whatever people need to feel more secure, confident and happy with where they’re at, we work our heart out to provide it.
During this unprecedented time, the safety of our colleagues, customers, and communities is paramount. We continue to interview and hire, but for everyone’s safety, we are shifting our interview process to either phone or video interviews via Microsoft Teams and adjusting the way we onboard new starters.
We are looking for an Asset Surveyor x 2 – Permanent Roles
We are looking to appoint suitably qualified and experienced individuals to undertake the new post of Asset Surveyor within the Assets & Regeneration Team.
This role will:
- Deliver stock condition, specialist and pre-scoping surveys/risk assessments.
- Deliver building surveying (building pathology and resolution of defects/structural issues) & other specialist surveying
- Assisting in the review of the property portfolio and identification and delivery of stock rationalisation, remodeling and regeneration opportunities
Here is some key information you’ll want to know right away:
- These are permanent roles
- Salary is £34,877 per annum plus a Karbon car payment of £1,924 per annum
- Location: Across Karbon Homes’ Geographical Footprint
- Regular travel will be required
- 37 Hours per week with flexi time
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising up to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits
Closing date for applications
Midnight on Thursday 3rd December 2020
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. Therefore, please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.
Week commencing 14th December 2020
Due to current social distancing measures we are currently holding video interviews.
For further details please refer to the Role description Profile at the foot of this advert.
To give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted, you need to provide full details and examples in the Supporting Statement based on the criteria in the person specification.
For further information about the role please contact Sue Welford (Senior Asset Surveyor) on 0191 223 8062 or Susan.Welford@karbonhomes.co.uk
Karbon Homes is committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds. Any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.