Be part of a service that makes an impact. North Tyneside Citizens Advice (NTCA) are recruiting for three Trainee Advisers. We are a respected independent charity which makes a difference to people’s lives. North Tyneside Citizens Advice offers a high-quality multi-channel advice service to our clients which include telephone, webchat, and face to face.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team and make a real difference to the community. You will have a passion for working with people, helping them through challenging situations with a willingness to train and learn on the job. The Advice trainee will learn about all aspects of our service and develop skills to deliver high quality advice. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and desire to learn, excellent IT skills, and strong communication skills.
Career development – Adviser Training
The rolls are trainee/development roles. The successful candidates will commit to undertake the Citizens Advice Adviser Learning Programme where you will gain the skills, experience, and knowledge to progress into advice /specialist casework roles within our organisation.
To apply download an application form from our website https://www.ntcab.org.uk/category/jobs/
Send competed application to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CV’s.
· Salary of £20,217.85
· Workplace pension scheme
· 24 days paid holiday per year increasing based on length of service, plus bank holidays
· Paid birthday off after 12 months service
· Gain skills through full training
· Work that makes a positive impact
· Positive working environment
Day to Day
· Undertake the Citizens Advice Adviser Learning Programme to qualify as an adviser.
· Work on our new face to face service, assessing the needs of clients to determine the relevant advice channel for them and supporting clients to access our service or supporting with self-help information
· Assisting client’s in using our new digital App to request call back within 24 hours
· Assessing client issues and providing appropriate advice/information using our Advice Framework
· Delivering a high-quality multi-channel advice service to clients via telephone and webchat to support clients
· Using electronic booking systems to make client appointments
· Working with our partners to provide a seamless service to clients
· Delivering excellent client care
· Maintain accurate case records, for the purpose of continuity of casework, information retrieval & statistical monitoring
· strong communication skills
· be a team player
· ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
· customer service experience
· attention to detail
- good IT skills & telephone skills
- experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Based at our North Shields office but will have a willingness to work across other locations North Tyneside.
Full technical training will be provided so it is not necessary to have a Citizens Advice or advice worker background. You will need a good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel, strong customer service skills are essential.
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates from all backgrounds.