· · 36 days generous annual leave entitlement (pro rata).
· Cycle to work scheme / Childcare Vouchers
· As part of our safer recruitment process, if shortlisted, references will be sought prior to interview.
· A number of positions available
The North East Autism Society is the leading voice concerning Autism and neuro-diversity in the North of England. Established over 35 years ago, we have a trusted reputation of providing a range of quality, specialist services for children, young people and adults leading happy, fulfilling and independent lives. With over 700 staff in more than 40 locations in the North East, we believe joining our NEAS family will not only provide you with a challenging and rewarding role but will help bring real life change for the incredible people we work with.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of L2 Teaching Assistants to work within Education Services in Sunderland.
We recognise that you may not have any direct or personal experience with Autism which is why we have developed a detailed training and induction programme. This provides you with a comprehensive welcome to working with Autism at NEAS including introducing you to Autism theory, communication, sensory and behaviour. If you have a passion for helping others and you are willing to learn more about Autism, then this could be the career you’ve been looking for.
Working independently and as part of a team, you will support young people and adults in their educational programmes and to access a range of activities. You will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, drive and resilience for what is often a demanding role; you must be people centred with good communication and interpersonal skills and possess a flexible approach to working routines.
In return we offer excellent terms and conditions. Joining our NEAS family will mean:
· Working in a positive, friendly, rewarding environment, building your experience and career.
· Dedicated support from our Learning and Development team who will work alongside you and your new line manager to enhance your career with our specialist training programmes. This is just the start of your new career!
· Other benefits including childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme, pension contributions, an annual staff awards evening recognising and rewarding staff achievements, and much sought-after discounted rates at our family fun days and events scheduled across the year.
· Having a hands-on role, valuing and supporting people. If you thrive on helping others, knowing everything you do is contributing to lives being changed then this could be the role for you.