We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Benefits Unit based at Queens Buildings, Worksop.
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to a team dealing with Housing Benefits and Council Tax discounts. In addition, you will be required to support the Council tax team with administration of Council Tax information. You must therefore, have a flexible approach to work in other areas of the service.
Among other qualities, you must have:
· At least 1 years’ experience working in an office or customer service environment
· Experience of dealing with customers by telephone, email or in writing
· Experience of using a document management system (e.g scanning)
· The ability to work effectively in a team.
· Minimum of 3 GCSE (grade 4-9 or C and above) to include Maths and English (or relevant equivalent)
· Effective communication skills, written and oral and the ability to deal with difficult or sensitive situations
· The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Good computer skills including use of Microsoft products and mobile services
· The ability to follow complex work based procedures and policies
· Good organisational skills to deal with and manage work loads
Experience of working in a means-tested benefits area or Local taxation would be an advantage.
This position will be subject to a Basic Disclosure & Barring Service check.
The benefits include 24 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service, in addition to Bank Holidays, an extra day over the Christmas period and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.