2 Positions Available
1 temporary contract (1.5 terms to February 2020)
Required: September 2019
Reporting to: Deputy Head Teacher
Dormanstown Primary Academy is a thriving learning community of 270 pupils aged 3-11 years. We are seeking to appoint two pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable Level 3 Learning Assistants. One post is permanent and the other is temporary to cover a maternity leave.
As a Level 3 Learning Assistant, you will work alongside our teachers, helping pupils to get the most out of their learning. The main feature of your role will be to support individuals or groups of pupils with their learning both in, and outside the classroom. In addition, you will be integral to the classroom team, supporting teachers in organising the learning environment. Daily tasks may include:
· setting up equipment and getting things ready for lessons.
· providing support for pupils in lessons to access learning tasks.
· supporting and delivering learning tasks and interventions under the direction of the teacher.
· undertaking observations of children, recording the outcomes of assessment and providing feedback to the teacher.
· undertaking duties on a break and lunch time to encourage social skills and pastoral support.
· assisting with school activities, such as trips and visits, academy events and contributing to the wider life of school.
As a Level 3 Learning Assistant, you may also be required to supervise a class of children in the event of a teacher’s absence.
We are looking for people who have a genuine interest in working with children:are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. We ask that all staff working with our children hold qualifications in English and mathematics that are at least equivalent to GCSE grade ‘C’. Qualification as a teaching assistant is desirable, though not essential.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the academy can be arranged by appointment with the academy office, 01642 483696 on the following date and times:
Monday 20th May 2:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m.
If you have any queries about the application process or the position please feel free to contact Mrs Gillian Wilson, Deputy Head Teacher on 01642 483696 or email@example.com