Bassetlaw District Council’s Housing Repairs Service provides a repair and maintenance service to tenants across Bassetlaw. It offers a pleasant working environment, delivering services through a capital programme.
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join the Housing Repairs Service, as a Joiner. Located at our Head Office, Carlton Forest House, Hundred Acre Lane, Worksop. You will be responsible for undertaking joinery/carpentry building works including repairs, improvements and replacement items in accordance with job orders.
The hours of work are 37 per week made up by working Monday to Thursday 8:00 am till 4:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am till 3.30 pm.
Suitable candidates will possess 3 GCSE's Grade C or grade 4-9 or above (or equivalent) to include Maths or English. A trade qualification NVQ Level 2 in Joinery or above is also essential.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have experience and a wide range of skills in the building and maintenance environment. They should possess excellent customer care skills, and the ability to deal with both internal and external customers.
Amongst other qualities, you will also need:
· The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
· The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
· Be hard working and conscientious
· Flexible in your attitude to hours of work
· There will be evening and weekend work, as cover on the Out of Hours Service is required, on a rota basis
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
· A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
· A generous Pension Scheme
· Flexitime scheme
· Annual leave purchase scheme
· Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
· Family friendly policies
· Discounted car parking