The applicant will play an important role within IT Systems & Support Limited who deliver an effective and strategic operation of schools IT provision. This will be achieved by providing support and technical assistance within IT Systems, so to enhance the services the company provides.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· The IT Systems Support Officer has a key role to play in allowing teachers to teach, therefore raising standards within the classroom.
· The IT Systems Support Officer will primarily be responsible for the smooth running of the hardware and software resources within their Primary Managed Service Site(s), Secondary Managed Service Sites via designation or any other schools under his / her remit. This will involve responding to calls where assistance is required as well as making regular site visits as appropriate.
· IT Systems Support Officer will be required to attend training courses and technical support seminars to keep at the forefront of technical developments.
· The IT Systems Support Officer will liaise with a variety of education IT Suppliers so to maintain high standards of support within establishments.
· IT Systems Support Officer will be required to report on the functionality of hardware and software in schools so maintaining effective management of their Primary and Secondary Managed Service sites, as well any other, under his / her remit as well as non-managed sites.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· To provide hardware and software support for Primary and Secondary Managed Service sites as well as other schools under his / her remit as well as and non-managed service sites, under the direction of the Technical Director or the Managing Director as required.
· To work with both staff and pupils to develop, maintain and administer the relevant schools network and internal systems.
· Troubleshooting, installing and updating desktop PC hardware, software, printers, scanners, phones and other peripherals.
· Administration of anti-virus updates and directed responsibility for IT Systems & Support network security.
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights, or as designated to IT Systems Helpdesk personnel.
· Provide telephone and desktop support to Primary and Secondary Managed Service Sites as well as non-managed sites as appropriate.
· Forecasting any needed improvements, budgeting for and implementing any changes in line with the Technical Director and the Managing Director as required.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment included as part of a Managed Service Site or a schools network system.
· Support schools systems in line with IT Systems published SLA and Service Standards for Support.
· Ensure network connectivity of all workstations and supported systems.
· To complete administration tasks in accordance with the IT Systems & Support Limited so to ensure the effective discharge of the above duties.
· Attend and participate in regular meetings and provide effective feedback on IT Systems and school developments and issues.
· Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
· To support the provision in aspects of, Internet Filtering in line with national and school based safeguarding, Network Security and systems in support of recognised standards and processes.
Skills / Attributes Required
· Previous experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
· An appropriate IT Qualification.
· Good working knowledge of the following operating systems: - Windows 7,8,10 as well as Windows 2008 / 2012 / 2016 Server with Active Directory.
· Understanding of MS Exchange Server and associated technologies
· Application of DNS, DHCP and Terminal Services
· Working knowledge of WAN / LAN / Wireless / TCP/IP
· Understanding of backup solutions and principles
· Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
· Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of IT Systems & Support Limited and play an active role within the development of the company
· Appreciate and support the role of other professionals as part of this post.
· Comply with health and safety policy and systems, report any incidents / accidents / hazards and take pro-active approach to health and safety in order to protect yourself and others.
· Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
· To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· Excellent understanding of effective customer service and expectations.
· Adhere to and support the principles and understand of ISO27001:2013 and GDPR.
· To support any other requirement as associated with this post.