The applicant will play an important role within IT Systems & Support Limited who deliver an effective and strategic operation of schools IT provision. This will be achieved by providing support and technical assistance within IT Systems, so to enhance the services the company provides.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· The IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager has a key role to play in allowing teachers to teach, therefore raising standards with the classroom.
· The IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager will primarily be responsible for the smooth running of the SIMS Software Support Service via Designation or any other schools under his / her remit. Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of issues relating to the implementation of SIMS software in schools, through internal training, responding to calls where assistance is required, as well as making regular site visits in order to achieve a consistently high standard of customer support.
· The IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager will play a key role in preparing, delivering and updating training courses and material as required within the post.
· IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager will be required to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the SIMS Suite in particular SIMS .net. This will be achieved by attending training courses and technical support seminars to keep at the forefront of technical developments.
· The IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager will analyse, investigate and resolve high level support issues from customers via incoming telephone calls, emails and support tickets logged via the IT Systems support portal.
· IT Systems SIMS Trainer & Support Manager will be required to contribute towards the knowledge of other colleagues within IT Systems so maintaining effective management of their Primary and Secondary school supported sites.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· To provide SIMS software support for Primary and Secondary school sites under his / her remit.
· To work with staff and senior leaders in schools to develop, maintain and administer the relevant support for the SIMS Suite of Software with a high level of emphasis on training.
· Troubleshooting, installing and updating SIMS Software in line with released upgrades or Patches.
· Liaise with Capita SIMS where school related issues need to be escalated as appropriate.
· Creation and provision of training courses for schools either within the company training suite or via direct support to school staff either via direct site visits or web link.
· Provide support to schools for Census, Work Force Census and End of Year Procedures as required.
· To be recognised as a SIMS Software expert whilst at all times maintaining a high level of systems knowledge.
· Provide telephone and desktop support to Primary and Secondary SIMS Sites as appropriate.
· Forecasting any needed improvements, budgeting for and implementing any changes in line with the Technical Director and the Managing Director as required.
· Support schools systems in line with IT Systems published SLA and Service Standards for Support.
· To complete administration tasks in accordance with the IT Systems & Support Limited so to ensure the effective discharge of the above duties.
· Attend and participate in regular meetings and provide effective feedback on IT Systems and school developments and issues.
· Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Skills / Attributes Required
· Previous experience with a minimum of 2 year in a similar role.
· An appropriate IT Qualification.
· Excellent working knowledge of Capita SIMS software including Core and Curriculum suite.
· Extensive understanding of Assessment Manager Module and associated systems.
· Understanding of FMS Financial Management System.
· Experience with Dinner Money and In-Touch module options.
· Ideally confident in using mainstream Microsoft applications, web-based applications and similar products.
· Good awareness of IT, computers and computer peripherals.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong Customer focus.
· Be able to interact with other colleagues to ensure full awareness of any issues.
· Experience of working in a similar environment.
· Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of IT Systems & Support Limited and play an active role within the development of the company.
· Appreciate and support the role of other professionals as part of this post.
· Comply with health and safety policy and systems, report any incidents / accidents / hazards and take pro-active approach to health and safety in order to protect yourself and others.
· Any other duties of a similar nature related to the post which may be required from time to time.
· To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.