An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Regeneration & Facilities, within our Assets & Regeneration Team.
Come and join our team
At Karbon we build, manage and look after homes for people across the North. And then we go further, we give them the strong foundations they need to crack on with life. We want to build better lives for our customers, not just better homes. Everything we do is for their security, health and happiness under their own roofs, in their communities and out there in the wider world.
Since our formation in 2017, we’ve been focused on delivering on our three strategic aims - to provide as many good quality homes as we can; to deliver excellent service to our customers; and to shape strong, sustainable places for our communities.
Our footprint covers the North East of England and Yorkshire, south from the Scottish border to almost as far as the Humber, where diverse communities face differing opportunities and challenges.
Some customers just need an affordable home, or a way onto the property ladder. Others might need a bit more – financial advice, community services, sheltered accommodation or even training that can lead to a new job. Whatever people need to feel more secure, confident, and happy with where they’re at, we work our heart out to provide it.
During this unprecedented time, the safety of our colleagues, customers, and communities is paramount. We continue to interview and hire, but for everyone’s safety, we are shifting our interview process to either phone or video interviews via Microsoft Teams and adjusting the way we onboard new starters.
We are looking for a Head of Regeneration & Facilities – Permanent Role
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual to undertake the new post of Head of Regeneration & Facilities within the Assets & Regeneration Team.
This role will:
- Be responsible for assessing asset performance and to drive growth, regeneration and stock rationalisation opportunities to improve the social, economic and environmental performance of existing assets.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support our placemaking agenda and overall quality of our estates.
- Manage the option appraisals process and co-ordinate the delivery of major refurbishments, remodelling, demolitions, and disposals.
- Oversee and promote the statutory disposal of properties including Right to Buy, Right to Acquire, Shared Ownership and leasehold extensions.
- Support the management of Karbon’s commercial portfolio and provision of professional property consultancy and valuation advice to the rest of the organisation.
- Oversee and improve the Facilities Management function across Karbon’s office portfolio and management of service contracts across communal blocks to improve standards and drive efficiencies.
- Input and support the development and implementation of Karbon’s Asset Management Strategy and Karbon Way of Working project to promote a new agile way of working.
Here is some key information you’ll want to know right away:
- This is a permanent role
- Salary is £52,250 per annum plus a Karbon car payment of £1,924 per annum
- Location to be agreed: Gosforth/Stanley (some remote working/working from home may be considered)
- Regular travel will be required
- 37 Hours per week with flexi time
- Generous benefits package including 26 days annual leave on commencement rising to 31 days after 3 years’ service, occupational pension, flexi-time scheme, health cash plan, and birthday leave, with the option of a flexible pot towards enhanced benefits
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications. Therefore, please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.
Week commencing 14th December 2020
Due to current social distancing measures we are currently holding video interviews.
For further details please refer to the Role description Profile at the foot of this advert.
To give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted, you need to provide full details and examples in the Supporting Statement based on the criteria in the person specification.
For further information about the role please contact Anthony Bell (Assistant Director of Assets & Regeneration) on 07964 896529 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Karbon Homes is committed to equality and diversity and is an inclusive employer. We welcome applications from people of all ages, disability/non-disability, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexualities, transgender status, and cultural backgrounds. Any candidate with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the post will be guaranteed an interview.