We have the opportunity for a qualified, capable and enthusiastic person to join our busy heating team as a Gas Fitter.
Based within the Repairs and Maintenance Department and located at our offices on Hundred Acre Lane, Worksop you will be responsible for delivering heating installations across the housing stock, including various plumbing, heating, service and repair works in accordance with job orders and work programmes supplied. All work is to be carried out on time, and in accordance with the agreed quality and performance standards, ensuring tenants’ satisfaction.
Suitable candidates must have substantial experience in domestic plumbing and gas heating installations in occupied premises.
Amongst other qualities, you will also need:
· City & Guilds Craft and Advanced certificate in plumbing or similar i.e.
· NVQ level 2 & 3 in plumbing.
· Gas ACS, CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, WAT1, HTR1, CPA1
· Level 3 energy Efficiency Domestic Heating
· City & Guilds Water Regulations
· Be hard working and conscientious.
· Flexible in your attitude to hours of work.
· Able to manage your own workload.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises our employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work life balance as part of our generous rewards package, which includes:
· A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays,
· Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme,
· Family friendly policies
· Discounted parking
· Optional benefits due to be implemented from 1 April 2020, including an annual leave purchase scheme and health and wellbeing scheme.