Bassetlaw in North Nottinghamshireis home for 117,000 residents and benefits from excellent road and rail connections. The district is blessed with a varied landscape including over 10,000 hectares of woodland, many picturesque villages and three larger towns which provide an enviable choice of lifestyles.
This senior post provides an exciting opportunity to join a motivated, committed and supportive management team who welcome new ideas and embrace change. Based in Worksop, you will play a key role in ensuring our fleet of over 150 vehicles and 300 pieces of handheld plant are maintained and operated in accordance with the relevant compliance and legislative requirements.
We are looking for a positive, dynamic and experienced individual who canprovide technical and management expertise on all aspects of Fleet and Transport servicesand be able to respond to the challenges of the green agenda by reducing our environmental impact, while identifying and driving operational efficiencies.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Compliance with Operator Licence legal obligations
· Leading change, transformation and service improvement
· Procurement of fleet, equipment and parts
· Management of workshop premises, staff and budgets
You will need to possess:
· Certificate of Professional Competence in International/National Road Haulage Operations (or equivalent qualification) underpinned by operational knowledge
· Health and Safety Qualification at IOSH Managing Safely level or above
· Experience of supervision or management of a vehicle workshop facility
· Detailed understanding of fleet operations with an ability to identify opportunities for improvement
· Evidence of effective and efficient management of resources and budgets, combined with involvement in longer term financial planning
· Detailed knowledge of underpinning principles governing compliance with legislation relating to the service area, combined with evidence of practical application
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Shane Atkins, Environment Services Manager on 07940 001697.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
· A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
· A generous Pension Scheme
· Flexitime scheme
· Annual leave purchase scheme
· Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
· Family friendly policies
· Discounted car parking