Bassetlaw in North Nottinghamshire is home for 117,000 residents and benefits from excellent road and rail connections. The district is blessed with a varied landscape including over 10,000 hectares of woodland, many picturesque villages and three larger towns which provide an enviable choice of lifestyles.
Due to the retirement of key personnel we are looking for a motivated individual to join our busy and friendly Neighbourhood Team. This role will primarily be responsible for investigating general neighbourhood team complaints relating to a wide range of topics including noise, bonfires, artificial light, odour, fly tipping and littering.
The duties range from initial contact with complainants, through to investigation and service of notices and enforcement action where necessary.
It is therefore essential that you have:
· Ability to communicate effectively and establish positive relationships with both internal and external partners
· Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines whilst managing a demanding workload, all to a high standard
· Either a degree, diploma or postgraduate qualification in Environmental Health
· EHORB registered
· Detailed knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Julian Proudman Neighbourhoods Team Leader on 01909 533533.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a health work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each to year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
- Flexitime Scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Discounted car parking