We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Benefits Unit based at Queens Buildings, Worksop.
The successful candidate will process Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claims and will provide advice to customers over the telephone and sometimes face to face.
Among other qualities, you must have:
· Practical and procedural knowledge of Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
· At least 18 months experience working in an office or customer service environment
· Experience of dealing with customers by telephone, email or in writing
· The ability to work effectively in a team.
· Minimum of 4 GCSE (grade 4-9 or C and above) to include Maths and English (or relevant equivalent)
· Effective communication skills, written and oral and the ability to deal with difficult or sensitive situations
· The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Good computer skills including use of Microsoft products and mobile services
· The ability to follow complex work based procedures and policies
· Good organisational skills to deal with and manage work loads
This position will be subject to a Basic Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Bassetlaw District Council recognises employees’ commitment to excellence in service delivery, and in return is committed to providing a healthy work-life balance as part of a generous rewards package, which includes:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave rising incrementally each year to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- A generous Pension Scheme
- Flexitime scheme
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan and benefits
- Family friendly policies
Discounted car parking