Newport Community Hub, St Paul’s Road, Middlesbrough TS1 5NQ.
Applicants must be willing to work at the Skelton site also, if/when required- Skelton Youth and Community Centre, Skelton, TS12 2HA.
Advanced DBS Check to be carried out on appointment.
BridgeHill Day Service was set up in April 2013 as a day service for adults with additional needs to enjoy sports and develop their independent life skills. Company Directors, Faye Johnston and Christopher Lethbridge are passionate about improving the lives of people with additional needs in our area. As a company, we will support all employees to achieve their full potential in their role and provide all relevant training qualifications also.
Key Skills and Experience
• No previous experience necessary, but a willing to learn and adapt is essential.
• Have good communication skills.
• Present yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working for and representing BridgeHill. (Uniform, personal hygiene, appearance, appropriate footwear)
• Willing to work across two sites if needed.
• An interest in sport is essential.
• Must be prepared to complete any CPD and develop new skills, including any job role appropriate training, provided by BridgeHill.
• To plan and lead sports sessions, suitable for the service users in attendance.
• To plan and lead Independent Living activities, that will benefit each service user.
• Work closely with the manager to create monthly plans.
• Be pro-active and forthcoming with new ideas.
• Have confidence working one to one and delivering to whole groups of service users.
• Able to take guidance from Manager on how to manage individuals’ triggers/behaviours.
• Build good relationships with service users and understand their individual needs.
• Be willing to attend First Aid Courses and carry out first aid (if/when needed) and follow up with required paperwork.
• Report all safeguarding issues straight to the manager, following the business’ policy.
• Ensure service users behaviour is addressed and corrected when needed.(manners/behaviour/language etc.)
• Follow BridgeHill Code of Conduct at all times.
For further information please call: Christopher Lethbridge: 07585128122 or Faye Johnston: 07837547921.