Job title -
Support Workers - 20 / 30 / 40 hour contracts
Reference number -
Expected earnings | £10,000 - £18,000 per annum pro-rata
Various | 0 / 20 / 30 / 40 hour contracts available
Closing date -
10 Dec 2015 00:00
Dementia care is a Newcastle based charity, providing specialist care, support and advice to people with dementia and other neurological disorders. We offer 24 hour care in people’s homes, day centre, supported living houses and respite.
We currently have vacancies for Support Workers, 20, 30 & 40 hour contracts (based on a two week rotation), within Home Support. The contracts include working every other weekend. Examples of shift patterns:-
· 40 hour week = 1st week approx. 35 hours per week. 2nd week approx. 45 hours per week
· 30 hour week = 1st week approx. 25 hours per week. 2nd week approx. 35 hours per week
· 20 hour week = 1st week approx. 15 hours per week. 2nd week approx. 25 hours per week
Hourly rate is £7.40 per hour with mileage paid at 21p per mile. Travel time will be paid at £6.50 per hour (excluding the first and last call of the day). Split shifts must be 2 hours or more to qualify for travel time back to either your home address or the main office.
For all posts an NVQ level 2 is desirable.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate that you are:
- Person centred and have a genuine interest in caring for and working with people with dementia, a willingness to put the needs of the client first and be adaptable, including working early mornings, evenings and weekend shift on a rota basis.
- A good communicator who can understand the needs of people with complex behavioural needs and use you skills and experience to support people to remain independent, enjoy life and have positive experiences.
- Keen to build on your understanding of caring for people to become a specialist in dementia.
- Expected earnings approx. £15,000 - £18,000, 0,20, 30 and 40 hour contacts, minimum of an NVQ2 and at least one years' experience in caring for people who are elderly, have behavioural problems or who are physically demanding.
Please note CV's are not accepted. For further information and an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0191 217 1323.
All successful applicants will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced CRB check and not be registered on List 99 or the Independent Safeguarding Authority list.