St Oswald’s Lymphoedema Service provides high quality care for people with chronic oedema/lymphoedema, palliative care patients with oedema as a symptom of their advanced disease and children with lymphoedema, who are referred to the lymphoedema service at St Oswald’s Hospice.
We provide specialist assessment and management of patients with Lymphoedema within outpatients, inpatients and domiciliary visits including St Oswald’s base, community outreach clinics, hospital wards and patients homes in Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland and Gateshead.
We are currently looking for full time experienced Lymphoedema Keyworkers and Specialists who are looking to progress into a specialist role.
Lymphoedema Specialist (RGN, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist) Salary £33,738 - £36,278 per annum full time
Lymphoedema Keyworker (RGN, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist Salary £27,413 - £29,476 per annum full time
We can offer you:
· Pleasant working environment within a multidisciplinary team.
· Good staffing levels.
· Membership of the NHS pension scheme transferable.
· 27 days annual holiday per annum plus 8 statutory days.
· Free car parking and excellent public transport links.
· Comprehensive induction program.
· Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in Chronic oedema/lymphoedema .
· Educational opportunities through our Learning and Development Department.
· Time to spend with Patients (our clinic times are between 45-90mins)
· Continuity of care (we try to keep patients within the team and with a minimum number of practitioners)
· Support for personal and professional development (monthly 1-1’s, monthly team meetings, monthly reflective practice/education on top of annual 2 days attendance on our clinical education days)
Please come and visit us during our informal recruitment sessions to look around the unit and meet the staff so you can fully appreciate the working environment and the full potential of the role.
Informal Recruitment Sessions are being held on;
Thursday 8th March 3.30 – 4.30pm
Thursday 15th March 3.30 – 4.30pm
Please contact Lesley Caffull on 0191 285 0063 ext 2042 to book onto a session. If these sessions are not convenient, we would be happy to offer an alternative time.
This position will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)